Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Whoa! I blog?!

Sorry I've been neglecting this thing. I really have no good excuse, I've just been away. It's kind of hard to remember to get on here and spill my guts.


Anyway...what's new?


I've gained back 5 lbs. I'm not working out. I have started eating a little bit better - nothing to write home about, that's for sure. I'm not taking my meds.


But that is all about to change.


See, back in February when my doctor told me about PCOS and weight loss and what not I was super motivated and fell flat on my face - as you well know if you've read my previous posts. Then, in May, she prescribed me two pills...


Metformin (for weight loss) and Spironolactone (for -ahem- excess hair growth...oh the joys of PCOS).


Come to find out, Metformin stimulates the ovaries sometimes helping otherwise infertile women conceive. That's great! I would LOOOOOVE to have a baby. Right now though, my body, I don't think could handle the stress of a pregnancy.


Spiro, while it does help with the extra unwanted hair, causes birth defects. It's usually only prescribed along with birth control.


My doctor put me on these two medications without birth control. So, when I found out what could happen because of these two meds, I stopped taking them.


....and didn't call my doctor.


.....and didn't schedule my three month check up.


......and only scheduled an appointment at six months because of a never ending migraine.


So, today I am going to see her again. I'm sure I'll be put in time out and maybe given a few lashings across my knuckles for my transgressions.



Hopefully though, we'll be able to come up with some kind of plan to help me drop these pounds and get healthy. I'm ready to break this cycle!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're back....and going to the doctor to get things figured out!

    Please come back and tell us how it went. K?

    Connie @ Fat2Fit Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand. Me and metformin have a love/hate relationship. I pretty much love to hate it. I had fallen off the wagon but am back on. This is not just a weight/vanity issue. PCOS is a health issue that could have fairly serious ramifications down the line so it's important to treat it is such. It's hard, frustrating, and demoralizing at times though- even for me 13 years after my initial diagnosis.

    ReplyDelete