Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Top 10

One of my major fights in the battle against the bulge is motivation.

As a busy working (outside the home) mom, women's ministry leader and (of course) wife...I cherish the down time I get while watching my various tv shows or going out with the girls. If given the choice between relaxing or spending 20 minutes being yelled at by Jillian - I'll 99% of the time choose the relaxing.

BUT...

I'm making a change. I need to start choosing Jillian over my couch. I need to choose broccoli over potatoes...water over root beer...

Here are my Top 10 Reasons to make the right choices...

1. I need to honor God with my body! This 230ish lb. woman is too self-conscious to do anything for the Kingdom. Besides, He created this body, least I could do is take care of it.

2. To be more healthy! I want to avoid diabetes, heart disease and other weight related illnesses.

3. Set a good example for my son.

4. So I can have a baby naturally. (We adopted our son three years ago)

5. To be able I can cross my legs again.

6. So I won't be embarrassed reconnecting with my high school friends - they knew me as a size 8.

7. So I can shop at my favorite stores: Banana Republic, J. Crew, Eddie Bauer, Ann Taylor and The Gap.

8. So I can get that cute choppy bob hairstyle I love so much!

9. To be able to walk up the stairs without being winded. I'd love to be able to eventually run a mile under 10 minutes!

10. So I can feel good about the body that the Lord has blessed me with!

No comments:

Post a Comment